The Durham real estate market is still going strong but, like the rest of the country, our market is experiencing a great deal of change. The table below compares Durham homes for sale and the associated statistics from 2008 to 2009.
- From 2008 to 2008, Durham homes for sale, otherwise referred to as new listings, decreased by 21%.
- Closed sales in the Durham real estate market are off 28.6% from 2008.
- While sales are down, average prices are also down 1.2%.
- On average, sellers are getting slightly less than what they got last year. In other words, the list-to-sales price ratio is down to 95.5% from 96.8% in 2008.
- Average days on marrket are stretching out. We are now seeing it take approximately 94 days to sell a home in Durham compared to 87 days last year.
|Average Sales Price||$174,113||$172,000||-1.2%|
|Avg Days on Market||87||94||+8.2%|
Click here to view Team Jodi's Chapel Hill homes for sale
Click here to Search homes for sale in Chapel Hill
Data Source: Triangle MLS